Swisher ranch king 60" help!!!

fxstcustom

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mother just purchased a used 60" swisher king ranch pull behind
It needed a new drive belt. So I matched up what I thought is the right drive belt size where it was free when not engaged, and was not too loose/tight when blades engaged (44" drive belt)

Its a 12.5 Briggs elec start engine. Runs great and no issues and no smoke until you engage the deck. Then it smokes (white smoke) like crazy!!
Took air cleaner off and seen oil everywhere.
The oil comes from the pvc tube or Crankshaft breather tube. But only when its under load. When its not mowing or the deck disengaged, it runs great with no smoke.

Anyone have ideas here? I cant see it being the rings, but you never know. Maybe crank breather is bad? I took it off to inspect and the baffle does move in and out. Can anyone assist??? :mad:

chance123

Threads
It sounds like too much oil in the engine. When this happens, the excess oil has no where to go except up the crankcase breather which goes to your air filter

fxstcustom

Forum Newbie
Threads
the level seemed fine.
But what I will do is drain the oil, then put 10w30 in to ensure its the correct weight, and try again with it on the low side, and try that

Fingers crossed!!

chance123

Threads
Another thing to look for is a bad check valve where the breather hose comes from the engine. Worse case would be "blow by" caused by bad rings. Bad rings do not seal the compresson and that pressure is forced into the crankcase, and like before,, it has nowhere to go except out the brearher and into the air filter

Fragger

Threads
Is there any good out of those Swisher ??:anyone:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Fragger start checking the post date of the stuff you are replying to. this thread is 5 years old. Clear back to 2012