ZT-2800 Transmission Question (on a Z-Force 48)

theKiwi

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have 2010 Z-Force 48 mower (purchased in 2011) with the ZT-2800 Transmissions in it.

A short while ago, while mowing around a pine tree, the tree "grabbed" the parking brake handle and engaged it.

There was a kind of grinding/ratcheting noise and now there's no drive to the right wheel :-( So something got busted inside when the brake engaged.

I guess needless to say it's not going to be covered by warranty, without me trying to spin a really good yarn. :ashamed:

Looking at the parts drawing of the transmission closely, it seems like the drive out of the hydraulic motor goes via shaft to a small gear (13 or 14 teeth) then to another gear, then the bull gear on the wheel axle shaft.

The brake pawl gets jammed in to the teeth on the small gear when the brake is applied, and I guess this happened with the small gear doing quite a rate of knots.

Does anyone have any idea what part(s) would have broken when this very unfortunate, accident happened?

If I've got to pay for it, I'm not beyond taking the transmission apart and replacing whatever broke, assuming there's no damage to the hydraulic parts inside and it's just a mechanical break.

Cheapest price online for a whole new transmission seems to be a bit over $700, with $865 being "common".

Thanks

Roger