Mulching Clock wise or Counter clockwise??

AndyMan

Threads
The first time I throw it into the cut grass. When I cross cut it, I throw it into rows to make it easier to collect.

It also depends on how long and wet the grass is.

txzrider

Threads
clockwise when I dont mulch. I mulch most of the time... if the grass is thick and too long then ccw, with the expectation once I cut it down to size, I will go over it again.

possum

Threads
Kenny, thats the way to grind leaves as far as i am concerned. And the way to grind the grass clippings up good as well. In eight years I have had several people stop and tell me I should be going the other way. young folks seem to think anyone over the age of 50 need advice. Last year I had several young fellows tell me something was wrong with my mower while mowing with my old Lawnboy.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Kenny, thats the way to grind leaves as far as i am concerned. And the way to grind the grass clippings up good as well.

Your right...
You can accomplish a perfect mulching without doing anything to a side discharge mower... Just keep discharging clippings onto the grass you will be mowing on the next pass. That works great & is easier on deck than trying to contain all the cut grass under the deck.

I know what you are saying about those with ?? advice, makes you wonder sometimes where some folks get their ideas... but it's still good to hear everyone's ideas... Every now and then, a uniquely good one will cross your path...
Keep mowing. :smile:KennyV