blades always turning

wvgreengrass

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Cub Cadet LT1018, 7 years old, 340 hours.
The PTO switch is not operating like it should. The blades turn even when the switch is "off." They turn even when the mower is in reverse, but I can hear the clutch trying to disengage. The mower does shut off when I get out of the seat, as it should.
I replaced the switch but it didn't fix the problem.
Do you think the PTO clutch is bad or can it be adjusted?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can you post the serial number for this unit. I'm having trouble finding a wiring diagram for it with out it.

wvgreengrass

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can you post the serial number for this unit. I'm having trouble finding a wiring diagram for it with out it.
Serial # 1E024H30056 might be a "Z" instead of a "2"
I have the diagrams from the owners manual, can post the wiring & PTO diagrams if necessary.

wvgreengrass

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you wiring it up right (the new switch) PTO clutch will only turn if its get's power, and that's down to the switch or a short in a wire.
Like the above post, a wiring diagram would be helpful.

Or you can go here.......IH Cub Cadet Forum: Model 1811 Won't Start

The problem preceded the new switch, is why I replaced it. The plug goes in only one way, so that's not the problem....but I will check out the link you provided. Thanks

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Serial # 1E024H30056 might be a "Z" instead of a "2"
I have the diagrams from the owners manual, can post the wiring & PTO diagrams if necessary.

Yes post up the wiring diagram it would help.

wvgreengrass

Forum Newbie
Threads
No access to a scanner yet, but the link to a wiring diagram posted by engineman looks pretty close.

chance123

Threads
The problem preceded the new switch, is why I replaced it. The plug goes in only one way, so that's not the problem....but I will check out the link you provided. Thanks

Those PTO switches can be tricky. There are around 15 that look very much alike. If you still have the old one, compare the spade terminal config. AND some of them are labeled on the side of the switch. One side will be "COM A, COM B, and COM C. On the other side of the switch is the important part that has to match the terminals on the switch. This will be marked with either "NC or NO" this stands for a normally open or closed switch