HELP grasshopper 725 Fuel (?) Problems

Igmu89

Forum Newbie
Threads
Our 2002 Grasshopper 725 would run then just die all of a sudden. Then wouldn't start.

Replaced spark plugs, applicable fuses, distributor cap and rotor, cleaned air filter, and got it started....it ran "ok" for a few hours.

It then started surging at low idle speeds, and was loosing power. Would run a little better at 1/4 choke (wouldn't die) but sure wouldn't run good.

Started running great, good power, then started to die again, sputter, surge, etc.

Cleaned fuel filter, replaced fuel pump, cleaned tank and checked all lines etc.

Fuel pump is from an automotive parts store.

mowed/ran fine for a few hours, full throttle, at idle, no surging power was good, everything fine. then started running a little rough again. :frown:

Took it out - mowed today for about 20 minutes, it died and wouldn't start again. :mad:

Carb issue? Electronic fuel pump pumping too much? But what's the GPM/spec on the grasshopper fuel pumps? can't find anything on that anywhere. :confused2:

WTH? Thanks in advance. =D

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you checked to see if the vent on the gas cap is pumped? Next time it starts to die, open the cap and see if there is a change.

tjkerrjr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you ever figure this out? My 1994 Grasshopper 725 is in the shop and they loaned me a used 725 G2 2000 that I'm considering buying BUT while mowing 3 acres (horse farm) it did exactly what you described below but never died. Although when i turned it off, I had a devil of time getting to start. Turned key and nothing. I tried positioning the handles in different spots and bouncing on the seat (thinking kill switch) then ramdonly it would start ( no reason ). When it runs, it runs great and cuts great. It's a 2000 with on 670 hours. Private owner not commercial mower. And I know the dealership for years. Curious if you ever figured out tjkerrjr@aol.com Thanks

Our 2002 Grasshopper 725 would run then just die all of a sudden. Then wouldn't start.

Replaced spark plugs, applicable fuses, distributor cap and rotor, cleaned air filter, and got it started....it ran "ok" for a few hours.

It then started surging at low idle speeds, and was loosing power. Would run a little better at 1/4 choke (wouldn't die) but sure wouldn't run good.

Started running great, good power, then started to die again, sputter, surge, etc.

Cleaned fuel filter, replaced fuel pump, cleaned tank and checked all lines etc.

Fuel pump is from an automotive parts store.

mowed/ran fine for a few hours, full throttle, at idle, no surging power was good, everything fine. then started running a little rough again. :frown:

Took it out - mowed today for about 20 minutes, it died and wouldn't start again. :mad:

Carb issue? Electronic fuel pump pumping too much? But what's the GPM/spec on the grasshopper fuel pumps? can't find anything on that anywhere. :confused2:

WTH? Thanks in advance. =D