Buying Advice Zero turn

crmccomb

Threads
I now own a Kubota BX1860 and my back has really gotten bad. I want to keep mowing my grass and am thinking of trading the tractor in for a zero turn at my Kubota or Grasshopper dealer in my area. I do have one slope in my yard about 60' by 100'. It probably gets close to 20 degrees at the last 8 feet to the top and levels out on a paved road. Also I weight over 400 but am losing now and down 45 lbs in the last 2 months. Any advice would be appreciated.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
From your post I would look at the Kubota Z300 series, mainly because of the type of seat and suspension system.

scott47429

Threads
if i was you i would look around and see if you can find a farris dealer close buy they have independent suspension on all four wheels

txzrider

Threads
I would have said ferris as well... also I have seen air suspended seats as options on many higher end mowers. Country Clippers "Boss" comes with it or the following link will sell you a seat.
Boss
Air-Ride Seat - DeMott Enterprises

Jimmyjo

Threads
I now own a Kubota BX1860 and my back has really gotten bad. I want to keep mowing my grass and am thinking of trading the tractor in for a zero turn at my Kubota or Grasshopper dealer in my area. I do have one slope in my yard about 60' by 100'. It probably gets close to 20 degrees at the last 8 feet to the top and levels out on a paved road. Also I weight over 400 but am losing now and down 45 lbs in the last 2 months. Any advice would be appreciated.

> I mow with a Kubota BX2360 over four acres of some pretty rough surface. I found an armrest kit from Kubota and it sure helps my back and shoulders by being able to take some of the weight away from them. I've also seen a BX that had a suspended seat mounted on it. If it were me I'd try to get a demo on your property before getting rid of your BX1860. I used to use the seatbelt and found that was giving me more back pain than without it. As much as I would love a zero turn I'd never give up the BX for one.

scott47429

Threads
i have a suspended seat on my Exmark and i love it i dont think i can mow with a normal seat anymore

crmccomb

Threads
Kind of got it down to a zd221 or zd323. They would have to change out the deck on the 323 to a 54 from a 60 to fit some of my fixed beds. Your opinion please?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sold two ZD323 this spring to a landscaper this spring with 60" decks and bagging systems. When he brought them in for his 50hr. check over (which we do on all new Kubota's sold) he put in an order for two more next spring. That's the best advice that I can give.

Abrahamm

Threads
Scott 47429,

Would please explain what a "suspended seat" is?

Is it an after market item? If so, what was your cost and where did you get it?

Having had back surgery (among others) anything to make the ride a bit easier I'm interested in...

Thanks

scott47429

Threads
there kinda like a air ride seat in a tractor trailer it has alot of travel up and down is the best i can decribe it yes you can get the aftermarket but mine already had it on there so i dont know if it is a Exmark brand or not txzrider put up a link a few posts above for air ride seats