briggs and stratton 675 series, won't start

saturnman97

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 21 toro walk behind with a b&s 675 190cc, I got this mower used from my bro, rebuilt the carb, and was running ok (i hate no throttle!), used primarily for tall brush cutting, i was trimming around bushes, where my big mower can't get(too close), sputtered and died, plenty gas, has oil, good spark, and getting fuel. every pull, acts like wants to start, then nothing, a timing issue?:confused2:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Look at the front of the engine. Do you see a spring attached to an arm going straight up & down, or a spring attached to an arm with a hole in it? I suspect that this arm is bent in and you governor is not working properly. Try bending the arm out, tightening the spring a little, and see if the engine starts, but runs slow. Report back.

saturnman97

Forum Newbie
Threads
on mine it is located under the cover, just beside the muffler. but yes, you are right on the money! THANK YOU
:smile:

henryclyt

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 21 toro walk behind with a b&s 675 190cc, I got this mower used from my bro, rebuilt the carb, and was running ok (i hate no throttle!), used primarily for tall brush cutting, i was trimming around bushes, where my big mower can't get(too close), sputtered and died, plenty gas, has oil, good spark, and getting fuel. every pull, acts like wants to start, then nothing, a timing issue?:confused2:

Check for grass around safety switches