heres one for the car fans this is one of my projects i am doing right now

briggs

Threads
  • / heres one for the car fans this is one of my projects i am doing right now
this is my 76 Vega pro street race car i am building ..It has a ford 9 inch rear diff with full spool and 4:56 gears ladder bar with pan hard bar 3 way adjustable rear shocks ...8 point roll cage soon to be 12..Full competition engineering frame front to back wellwood rack and pinion steering, 28x12.5x15 rear tires i used the stock dash and made my own cluster with oil.water and volts gage and made the insert out of diamond plate alum..The engine mount i made as well ..The car needs floors and fire wall put in next that might happen this winter not sure yet lol ....I have a 406 SBC to put in it and a th350 trans with a 3500 stall ...So far i have done the hole car myself lots of work and many hours and lots more to go lol ..Tell me what you think i am open to any suggestions also as this is my first time building one from scratch the car was yellow primer then i sprayed it black primer..Heres my 75 El Camino also had to post that to i have had it for 15 years now ..

Attachments

• racecar3.jpg
    racecar3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 8
  • racecar 4.jpeg
    racecar 4.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 7
  • racecar2.jpg
    racecar2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 8
  • racecar5.jpeg
    racecar5.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 8
  • downloads 013.jpg
    downloads 013.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 8

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
this is my 76 Vega pro street race car i am building ..It has a ford 9 inch rear diff with full spool and 4:56 gears ladder bar with pan hard bar 3 way adjustable rear shocks ...8 point roll cage soon to be 12..Full competition engineering frame front to back wellwood rack and pinion steering, 28x12.5x15 rear tires i used the stock dash and made my own cluster with oil.water and volts gage and made the insert out of diamond plate alum..The engine mount i made as well ..The car needs floors and fire wall put in next that might happen this winter not sure yet lol ....I have a 406 SBC to put in it and a th350 trans with a 3500 stall ...So far i have done the hole car myself lots of work and many hours and lots more to go lol ..Tell me what you think i am open to any suggestions also as this is my first time building one from scratch the car was yellow primer then i sprayed it black primer..Heres my 75 El Camino also had to post that to i have had it for 15 years now ..

Unique project, it will be a drag car right? Have to admire your dedication to building it, not trying to be a smart alec but I never will understand why someone would go to a huge amount of time and money to build a beautiful vehicle then only drive it a quarter mile at a time. Sorry if the joke hurts your feelings...yeah I am envious because I always wanted to build myself a project car of some type but never did and never will. El Camino looks clean, has it got a 307 or 350? Had a '73 Nova SS 350 sold it for $400 bucks in '80 dumb me.

Attachments

• leaf cleanup 1.jpg
    leaf cleanup 1.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 62

briggs

Threads
Unique project, it will be a drag car right? Have to admire your dedication to building it, not trying to be a smart alec but I never will understand why someone would go to a huge amount of time and money to build a beautiful vehicle then only drive it a quarter mile at a time. Sorry if the joke hurts your feelings...yeah I am envious because I always wanted to build myself a project car of some type but never did and never will. El Camino looks clean, has it got a 307 or 350? Had a '73 Nova SS 350 sold it for $400 bucks in '80 dumb me.

I use to race on the street had a 73 nova myself it had a 383 stroker in it (400 sbc with 350 crank and rods ) ran low 11s on street slicks ..Then i had a 70 nova pro car(bought it already done ) but had to sell it when the kids where born it ran 10s ...I always wanted to build one from scratch just to see if i could do it ..Lots of work lol and a lot of hair pulling and swearing to go with it ...Its been fun for the most part sometimes i wonder why i did it tho...The car was in good shape but the floors and trunk were tough so i decided to make in to a drag car ..The El camino has a 350 in it but i bored it 30 over so its a 355 now works o.k i drive it everyday little bit of a pig when you step on it tho lol but its a cruiser ..If i had all the old cars now that i used to have i would have one heck of a collection in total i have had 7 novas ranging from 69 to 74 3 camaros 69,70,80 2 PLY valanits 64 and a 68 1 Malibu 1980 2 gutless cutlasses 79 -80 2 Monte Carlos 76 and an 87ss and 2 other el caminos one was a 70 and the other was a S3 laguna ....This is my last race car no more the next car i do will be for show not sure what tho haven't found it yet