Buying Advice NEED LITTLE LEAGUE RIDING MOWER

RainShadow

Forum Newbie
Threads
FOLKS: I need your help on this. Our league in Oceanside, CA was "forced" to take over our Little League complex (T-Ball field, 2 Major type fields and 1 Junior side field) and we do NOT have a riding
mower for general use. We will be mowing all the fields and the city park grass areas also.
Many years ago the city gave us a high maintenance reel Toro rider that we use for the infields; but
we need a Craftsman/ J.Deer type of mower now for the outfields and common park areas.
I have been using my walk behind mower every few weeks and also hiring out a company to mow
every other week and it is getting too time consuming for me to mow and also too expensive to hire it
out.
We need a low maintenance/quality mower (probably 42" deck for storage reasons) ASAP !!!!
What do you recommend ??? Make, Model # and Price ???
Help ................. Randy Atkinson Oceanside American Little League

briggs

Threads
I would look at the Murray wide body myself good mower i have a 2001 select ,speed is controlled by your foot it has 17hp brigs 42 inch cut easy to work on and cuts great ...I bought mine for $200 it needed a deck mandrel and new belts ..Not sure how much they go for there tho..I also have a 94 sears craftsman with a 42 inch deck it has a 12hp brigs ...I can pick them up cheap and repair them myself ...here the sears can fetch between 350 and 500 ready to go.. The murray can fetch $400 up to 800 ready to go in some places...Hope this helped you out some

Attachments

• 2467c5a_20.jpeg
    2467c5a_20.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 6

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Hello Randy,

Glad to see another local from north county! I live in Carlsbad...

Around here there isn't a huge aftermarket for used riding mowers because so few people need them for their lawns (usually a walk-behind will do).

What's your budget? There are a few riding mowers on Craigslist (San Diego) ranging in price from $200 - $1800...

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Definitely check CraigsList... as Honey can tell us... some great JD rider deals can come along... (she sure got one)
And if your area is short on riders like Muhammad is indicating, widen your search.. a good deal is worth driving a little to get..
Don't forget Ebay, I have seen some great buys there, you can search by distance from your zip code... :smile:KennyV

RainShadow

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking for something under $1,000 used. $500 would be more like it ......
Even one of those zero turn units would be good; but I think they might be out of our budget and
less of them around ?????

thanks, Randy

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Here are a few I found on Craigslist-San Diego. Please keep in mind that I have no association with the sellers so you should conduct due diligence on any purchase. Also, beware of Craigslist scams.

Lawn Tractor Cub Cadet 2009

Riding Craftsman Lawn Mower

Riding Lawn mower twin blade

If it were me I'd check out the first two... and keep in mind that the economy is really bad right now so you can probably make an offer 15-20% lower than the asking price and possibly get a good deal.

briggs

Threads
yes i do agree the first 2 are good deals the crafts man sounds real good