BIG DOG R SERIES

SUPERIOR MAINTENANCE

Forum Newbie
Threads
I JUST BOUGHT A BIG DOG R SERIES 60" WITH THE KAWI 26HP
SO FAR SO GOOD
ANYONE KNOW OF ANYTHING GOOD OR BAD ABOUT THESE MOWERS?

possum

Threads
To late now to ask you already own it lol. Just kidding. Why dont you tell us the good and bad points after you run the devil out of it. They are made in Kansas but I have never seen one. Hustler I see a fair number of but never a Big Dog as of yet. They look mighty heavy duty.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
They appear to be a lighter built Hustler...
Both are from Excel Industries Heston Kansas...

Your posts all have the CAP lock ON ... that's the only problem that stands out...
As possum said, it's too late to look for problems with the mower if you have already purchased it...
I suspect it will get very good manufacturers support... Excel has been in the ztr mower business for fifty years. Very good company. :smile:KennyV

SUPERIOR MAINTENANCE

Forum Newbie
Threads
sorry bout caps lock,for what i had in my pocket i was trying to get the most for my money buying new,i like my 04 great dane better,its quicker more power from the 26hp kohler efi than the 26 kawi ,i just cant afford to have down time anymore and i just seem to be buying oddball mowers
my great dane,the nearest great dane place is 75 miles away and it seems like no shop around has loyalty to any commercial customers anymore unless you buy from them
i cant be down for a week cause they need to fix joe homeowners chainsaw i have to get cutting and it seems they only want to fix what they sell
i cant afford a 10,000 dollar john deere,i dont even like john deere zero's

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
It should be a well supported mower..
If it is anything like the rest of the Excel line, you should only have good things to say about it. Do post back with your experience with it.
I know I will be looking forward to hearing just how good it really is... :smile:KennyV

SUPERIOR MAINTENANCE

Forum Newbie
Threads
only complaint i have so far is ,it is slow,compared to my great dane great dane has the 26 kohler command pro efi, the dog has the 26 kawi dog is smoother but great dane had power ive pulled tree stumps with the great dane
i had a hustler i bought used at one point,it made two cuts and quit i was 4 hours from home when it quit so i wasnt feelin too good about hustler
my machines go through alot of abuse, in landscaping im a little guy doing big things trying to stay ahead

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
i had a hustler i bought used at one point,it made two cuts and quit i was 4 hours from home when it quit so i wasnt feelin too good about hustler...

Hope you bothered to find out Why it Quit...
Anything can & will break down or run out of fuel. Engines fail all sorts of things Can happen............ Especially if you 'abuse' your equipment.

Do continue to post back with your experience with Big Dog... :smile:KennyV