John Deer L111 wont turn over

bigbobh

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John Deere L111. I just replaced the 7 year old battery which tested completely dead at sears. Put new battery in and same problem not so much as a click out of it. Anyone got any Ideas where I should start looking for the problem (new battery has tested good).

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would start with checking for dirt battery cable terminal ends. The next thing would be checking the cables themselves. The next on the list would be the starter solenoid. If any more then that someone else will get involved.

bigbobh

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks much. While checking the terminal ends which were actually pretty clean I noticed a fuse that I had not seen before so pulled it out and looked at it. It is a 20 amp so I dug around and found another one put it in and she cranked up just fine. . I will be back on here soon though since I also have a craftsman about 15 years old and have some questions to ask about it.
Thanks for such a quick response
Bob H.

I would start with checking for dirt battery cable terminal ends. The next thing would be checking the cables themselves. The next on the list would be the starter solenoid. If any more then that someone else will get involved.