Poulan/Weedeater Featherlite Curved Shaft: Cuts off

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Poulan/Weedeater Featherlite Curved Shaft: Cuts off
Poulan/weedeater/featherlite cuts off when squeezing the trigger. Will stay running on idle longs I dont squeeze the trigger. I say its the clutch but others say its carb related. What do you guys think?

possum

Threads
I have not run across one that had a clutch. My own and the several I have been around were all direct drive. If the unit is brand new as long as the head is free my guess is the low speed screw needs adjusted or maybe both the low and high. If it is used I would make sure the air and exhaust is open and the fuel system is good from the filter to the carb and there is no bindup on the head or drive shaft and if all thats good I would look into getting the carb adjusted.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have not run across one that had a clutch. My own and the several I have been around were all direct drive. If the unit is brand new as long as the head is free my guess is the low speed screw needs adjusted or maybe both the low and high. If it is used I would make sure the air and exhaust is open and the fuel system is good from the filter to the carb and there is no bindup on the head or drive shaft and if all thats good I would look into getting the carb adjusted.

I was a freebie. I had it running and cutting grass til it got warmed up and hot. then it started acting up and cut off with no warning. I got new gas tank for it cause the rubber grommets leak gas around the lines going into the gas tank but not installed yet.