What kind do I need?

littleAudrey

Threads
Our lawn is very bumpy and the grass is pretty rough with a lot of weeds plus we have trees to mow around. Can you recommend a particular type of mower that is better for handling this type of lawn?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
How large is this area?
If it's large enough for a ZTR they are wonderful for mowing around things...

As for the roughness you can topdress with a mixture of sand and compost or topsoil... It will over time become as flat and level as you like. :smile:KennyV

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 6

pollyannasmum

Threads
Our back lawn was as bumpy as waste ground with loads of rocks and little pebbles but, with a little effort we managed to do just that, picked over it until the rocks were gone, sanded and covered with topsoil, reseeded after rolling it flat and we have a beautiful lawn now. Any piece of ground can be made attractive, it just takes a bit of effort.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Our lawn is very bumpy and the grass is pretty rough with a lot of weeds plus we have trees to mow around. Can you recommend a particular type of mower that is better for handling this type of lawn?

A Wide Area Walk Behind mower would be a good choice, they're maneuverable around trees and other objects and will cut just about anything you have to cut. You can buy them in a variety of sizes. I use a 36" cut myself and you can get them as large as a 60" all with adjustable cutting heights from 2 to 5 inches if necessary. If the area is small a good 21" self propelled mower mite be all you would need.

cohen

Threads

I've seen trimmers used in this kind of terrain. But be careful with pebbles on the ground. They can damage the trimmer blades. Pebbles will also fly at high speed and damage someone's limb.