Attachments LIGHT KIT FOR 21 IN. MOWER?

Threads
Is there a light kit I could purchase for my 21 in. Honda mower?? I sometimes need to mow in the evening and if I had lights I could mow a little longer. I would prefer battery operated. :biggrin:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have never seen lights on a walk behind mower. You would need brackets of some sort to hold the lamps and maybe dry cell battery to operate the lights. Or how about a miners hat with a lamp on it? Just maybe you can start something new.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Look into small LED lights that you might mount on the front of the deck... Bicycle lights may suit your needs... I would keep the light down low to keep the bugs, that will be attracted, near the mower blades and away from you...
If you do this, Post some pictures.. it should make for an interesting look... :smile:KennyV

earthworm

Threads
An excellent idea, IMO.
Use LEDs...if you had an electric start mower...or room for a battery...
Now.. why have not the mower-makers thought of this one ???
They do employ "engineers", do they not ??
They are so locked into their conservativeism....a lack of original ideas... a fear of thinking...
And how many more good ideas are there floating around ???
How about a combo mower and blower, using a special winter "blade" ??

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Never heard of a light kit for a mower.

Have seen plenty of snowblowers with lights. Got to thinking why is that?

Well, I know in some areas, a property owner is required by law to keep snow cleared. Depending on when the snow falls, and how tight the enforcement, sometimes this means they must blow snow during low-light times, maybe just after or just before sunrise / sunset. I would guess if there was NOT a law requiring it, the demand for lights (or a light kit) for snowblower would otherwise be very low. Who would want to blow snow in the dark unless they HAD to do it?

While there may be laws or regulations (homeowner's associations, for example) that dictate how often a lawn must be mowed, I don' t think even the most strict would mean the property owner must mow at night.

But a commercial cutter might benefit; with the revised schedule for Daylight Saving's Time, I'll bet there are a few locations where having a bit of light for mowing is worth the expense. If nothing else, it might impress a client to see the dedication of a crew who stuck with the job even after the sun went down.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is there a light kit I could purchase for my 21 in. Honda mower?? I sometimes need to mow in the evening and if I had lights I could mow a little longer. I would prefer battery operated. :biggrin:

You could do it like this. Here is the Push mower headlights Link where someone purchased lights from Harbour Freight and installed them on his Toro. :laughing:

Attachments

• mowerr lights.jpg
    mowerr lights.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 91
Threads
Yeah, I saw that....I might do that, or find a way to mount a bicycle light on to it.

earthworm

Threads
I , for one , see the need.
Here it seems to rain every day, so between having to work 10 hours and the daily rain, there is precious little time for dry mowing during the light hours. And, if the mower manufacturers could trouble themselves to hire an engineer, mower lights could be a walk in the park..
LEDs, of course, the old incandescents the due for disposal.

Blade Runner

Threads
Lights for a push mower is a great ideal. I would buy a kit. Only found what midnite rider already posted. Odd, that there is not a kit out there. Sounds like a good, low cost business project to me. Maybe take a survey on this forum and see if there is enough interest to develop a kit and launch it on this site? Just a thought.:cool:

Threads
I kinda put lights on my mowers. Well I DID put lights on them, but they are more so I don't get hit by cars when pushing my mower back from a house; not so much to see the lawn when it's dark out. I found some bike lights laying around the garage, and put them on. On my HRX I used an actual bike light that MOUNTS to something. The light has 3 modes: solid, flashing, and random (where it kind of jumps around). I like that light! On my HRR I just used a clip-on light where I just clip it to the blade-engagement lever. Here are some pics:
DSCN2096.jpg

DSCN2098.jpg

DSCN2101.jpg

DSCN2102.jpg