Riding mower, how do you get it home

dria

Threads
If you have bought a riding mower, how did you get it home? Did the store you buy it from deliver or did you take a truck or trailer to haul it on?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
It's always good to have a truck and trailer... OR know someone that has... :smile:KennyV

Bethieboo

Threads
Same here. There are many places that will deliver it but they are going to charge you a lot more. If you know someone with a truck or trailer it is going to be a much better deal for you.

briggs

Threads
i have a truck and a trailer..They charge to much to bring it to you

cohen

Threads
Hmmm. So, picking it up is part of the cost. How about driving it home? Just kidding :)

I presume it can be comfortably loaded on a pick-up truck.

Twinkle

Threads
Haha it would be fun to be able to ride it home! I have a decent local dealer who will deliver as part of the overall price. Perhaps this is just added in when they advertise it though. I suppose you could ask for a discount if you are able to get it home yourself.

Bethieboo

Threads
Well, those all might be factors to take in to consideration when purchasing a mower. Is shipping included in the price? If it is do you get a discount to take it yourself? Are you allowed to ride it home? :laughing:

173abn

Threads
dria,a truck and trailer are two must have items in my life. russ

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you have bought a riding mower, how did you get it home? Did the store you buy it from deliver or did you take a truck or trailer to haul it on?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The first one I bought in the 1980s I brought home in a 1965 Ford pickup. If I were from Texas I would have said I carried it home.:biggrin:

My second was a surprise gift purchased at a John Deere dealer 60 miles away. They delivered it. It was too large to get through some gates so they came and picked it up and delivered another from one of their stores 60 miles the opposite direction for a total of 360 miles traveled. If you ever need a JD check with P&K Equipment.

Something else to consider is whether you are handy enough to do ones own repairs. If not you'll at some point need to transport it back to a dealer or repair shop. Even mechanical people get whupped sometimes and take them back with their tail between their legs.

briggs

Threads
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The first one I bought in the 1980s I brought home in a 1965 Ford pickup. If I were from Texas I would have said I carried it home.:biggrin:

My second was a surprise gift purchased at a John Deere dealer 60 miles away. They delivered it. It was too large to get through some gates so they came and picked it up and delivered another from one of their stores 60 miles the opposite direction for a total of 360 miles traveled. If you ever need a JD check with P&K Equipment.

Something else to consider is whether you are handy enough to do ones own repairs. If not you'll at some point need to transport it back to a dealer or repair shop. Even mechanical people get whupped sometimes and take them back with their tail between their legs.

lol this is true we cant fix them all