Troy Bilt Pony riding mower runs good then stops

jwood53

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a 2007 Troy Bilt Pony riding mower with a 17.5 BS in it, 7 speed, It starts and mows great for about 15 minutes then it shuts off. I can turn the switch back to off and it will usually start back up, might run a minute or so and then will shut down again, it will continue to do this until you let it sit for a few hours and then will start and run good for awhile again. I have put on a new air filter and a new clear fuel filter, which seems to always have fuel in it even when it stops running, also pulled the fuel shut off solenoid from bottom of bowl and it seemed to be popping in and out like it should, I will say the solenoid is pretty warm to hot when the mower is doing the shutoff problem, not sure if that means anything or not. Hope someone can help me solve this problem.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
when it dies and you turn the key off and then immediately start the mower, I would bet that the little white tip of the solenoid is coming off and shutting off the fuel. turning off the key resets the tip back on the plunger. Eikther replace the solenoid or epoxy the tip back on.

Remove the solenoid, and see if the tip pulls off easily.