Fertilizer Ratio

linda4

Threads
Can anyone recommend a good fall lawn fertlizer ratio (nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium) ? A friend of mine suggest 26-8-4. Does this make sense ? I'm trying to gear up for good growth in the spring.

grnspot110

Threads
The lower the Nitrogen the better, I think what I used was 18, don't remember the other two. Most fertilizers for fall use will be marked "Winterizer". ~~ grnspot110

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can anyone recommend a good fall lawn fertlizer ratio (nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium) ? A friend of mine suggest 26-8-4. Does this make sense ? I'm trying to gear up for good growth in the spring.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is what Robert of Colorado State says. According to him I've been wrong for a good long time and so have another several thousand people.:laughing:

The Myth of Winterizer Fertilizers

DakotaMM

Threads
Yes, I have apparently been wrong as well and would have never known it before now. Hrm, are we sure that he is right and we are the ones that are wrong though?

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
If 10 horticulture X-perts were ask I wouldn't be one bit surprised if we got 10 different answers by the time we read about all the - if, but, and , or, maybes plus we haven't even gotten into the signs of the zodiac.:laughing: