How short?

bret

Threads
I want to mow my yard for the last time, it hasn't really grown much in the last few weeks, would you suggest cutting it shorter than usual because it is the last time, or just maintain status quo?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is usually a good idea to cut it shorter for over wintering... lets the dormant grass blades dry out cutting the chance for mold...
Are you already at your last mowing for this season? I am thinking I still have several for the yard and maybe at least one more for the pasture... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is usually a good idea to cut it shorter for over wintering... lets the dormant grass blades dry out cutting the chance for mold...
Are you already at your last mowing for this season? I am thinking I still have several for the yard and maybe at least one more for the pasture... :smile:KennyV

We had almost no rainfall for a month and the grass had stopped growing, I went over it last week and cut it down to an inch and a half thinking this is the last time this year...OH BOY...then the last several days we have had 3 inches of rain...:frown:

bret

Threads
Ok, I have mowed it a few times, but it seems to be turning brown so I figure this is the last time before winter hits. I hope so anyway.

DakotaMM

Threads
I think we probably have a couple more cuts to do. I can tell that the grass is growing much shorter but it is just now to the point it needs cut and I figure another one or two times will be needed after that.