Bad Boy Mowers any good

bjc

Threads
Are they good quality:thumbsup::thumbdown::eek:

jamminloud

Threads
Sadly, I must give my compact diesel an A for the machine, but a D for the cut. From the factory.

I agree with another poster that you should have a perfect fast cut for the price of the machine. Mine was not so. It was leaving bad strips, essentially sending me back over everything twice, so bye bye time and cost efficiency.

I have experimented with blades, and mitigated the problem pretty good, but it's still not to my standards. Soft grass like Augustine, no problem, perfect cut. But hard grass like bahia or anything stringy, hit it two times is my nickname. :cool:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sadly, I must give my compact diesel an A for the machine, but a D for the cut. From the factory.

I agree with another poster that you should have a perfect fast cut for the price of the machine. Mine was not so. It was leaving bad strips, essentially sending me back over everything twice, so bye bye time and cost efficiency.

I have experimented with blades, and mitigated the problem pretty good, but it's still not to my standards. Soft grass like Augustine, no problem, perfect cut. But hard grass like bahia or anything stringy, hit it two times is my nickname. :cool:

jamminloud,
Thanks for the honest review!!! Makes me glad I went with the Gravely Pro-Turn as my second choice was the Bad Boy 54" Outlaw Commercial. I was impressed with the "build"(as you eluded to) with that 5 gauge deck, but Gravely had better warranty, price and just as solid of a build(with a 7 gauge deck with a Lifetime Warranty). I had not seen the cut of the Bad Boy, but one of the counter guys at the Gravely dealer owned one and used it commercially on the side and said he wouldn't recommend it.

jamminloud

Threads
jamminloud,
Thanks for the honest review!!! Makes me glad I went with the Gravely Pro-Turn as my second choice was the Bad Boy 54" Outlaw Commercial. I was impressed with the "build"(as you eluded to) with that 5 gauge deck, but Gravely had better warranty, price and just as solid of a build(with a 7 gauge deck with a Lifetime Warranty). I had not seen the cut of the Bad Boy, but one of the counter guys at the Gravely dealer owned one and used it commercially on the side and said he wouldn't recommend it.

My driving force was I wanted a diesel. I have tractors and trucks and stuff and I have a diesel buddy tank in my truck. I wanted to stop hauling gas cans all over the place. The buddy tank in my truck makes it as easy as pulling up to a pump to fuel.

The BB diesel was the cheapest one. There ya go......

I agree with others that it is a strong machine. Good CAT motor, good suspension, tough as hell. Maybe I just got unlucky with mine. I would recommend a person go mow an acre with one on the dealers lot before pulling the trigger. And insist on using the one you're going to purchase, not a demonstrator, or no deal. :smile: