Looking at a RER-Good/Bad?

Jagtec1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Found this on CL. Price is right, and I know these tend to be robust and easy to work on if needed. I do want to tow a small garden cart around my 1/2 acre occasionally. Thoughts on how old this machine may be? Should I go for it?

Snapper HiVac Riding Lawn Mower with Bagger

scott47429

Threads
go for it looks like a nice mower and there hard to kill and easy to work on i wish it was here i would buy it i feel them as fast as i can get them

Snapperfreak

Threads
Heck YA!! Perfect for what u plan on using it for. That one looks like it's been well taken care of too.

Alanky

Threads
Looks good. I want that bagger! Been looking for a dual bin bagger for awhile. My wife pulls her cart around the yard loaded with flowers, potting soil, and her garden tools. It does ok, steep hills give it a bit of a struggle, but flat ground towing, should be fine.

Jagtec1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I went and checked it out. Looked good, and I bought it. Started right up, ran in forward and reverse...a bit slow in reverse, but I'm guessing it was always that way. Blades good and sharp, bagger in good condition. It may need some new bags/repair at some point. The guy is going to deliver it to me later today or tomorrow.

Threads
I went and checked it out. Looked good, and I bought it. Started right up, ran in forward and reverse...a bit slow in reverse, but I'm guessing it was always that way. Blades good and sharp, bagger in good condition. It may need some new bags/repair at some point. The guy is going to deliver it to me later today or tomorrow.

How do you like it so far?

Jagtec1

Forum Newbie
Threads
So far, so good! I did replace the drive disc, which made it 100x nicer to drive/ride! It took a bit of patience to get it set correctly, but it works nicely now. I think I screwed the carb up a bit though. I had the fuel cap vent closed to tilt it up and work on it, and forgot to open it again. It was running like crap, and I figured maybe a piece of trash ended up in the carb, and started playing with the settings. Then I had the epiphany...the vent was closed! Doph!!! It still runs, but if I idle it down, it wants to shut off. If I find the carb settings on the net, I'll try to reset it. Not a big deal at this point!

Threads
So far, so good! I did replace the drive disc, which made it 100x nicer to drive/ride! It took a bit of patience to get it set correctly, but it works nicely now. I think I screwed the carb up a bit though. I had the fuel cap vent closed to tilt it up and work on it, and forgot to open it again. It was running like crap, and I figured maybe a piece of trash ended up in the carb, and started playing with the settings. Then I had the epiphany...the vent was closed! Doph!!! It still runs, but if I idle it down, it wants to shut off. If I find the carb settings on the net, I'll try to reset it. Not a big deal at this point!

I'm glad you like it. Does it still run slow in reverse?