News about my Ford LGT-18H

jphotroder

Forum Newbie
Threads
I appologize for the late response as I was our of the country until yesterday. Yes I do still have the Ford. Two Christmas' ago I completely rebuilt the engine, but it sprung a leak on my Dad a month later and it threw a rod again. So this past summer I tore the engine apart and it is currently in a box in pieces. The tractor is sound, but the engine obviously needs some new parts or to be completely replaced. I would be interested in selling it, where are you located? The original engine is a Kohler Magnum 18 horizontal shaft, but a friend of mine has a Kohler Magnum 18 verticle shaft that he got for free in a tractor that someone threw a rod in. I have been using parts from his verticle shaft to rebuild mine these past four years. However, I have now used so many of his parts that it would require finding new or used Magnum 18 parts from somewhere else. Let me know what you think, but at think point I'd like to get $300 for it. I could even throw in both all the Magnum horizontal and verticle parts.

i m in front royal virginia and would be willing to see the tractor to see if it would be worth $300 to me i am not really worried about the engine parts so much as the actual tractor its self. how do i contact you?

jphotroder

Forum Newbie
Threads
i am in front royal va how do i contact you privately?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
i am in front royal va how do i contact you privately?

you can privately reach almost anyone on these forums by clicking on their name and then click "private message"..... :smile:KennyV

DaveOhio

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm new here so go easy. I have a 1990 LGT 18H that my Father bought new. It currently has 423 hours on it and everything is sound except that something let go in the hydro. At least that's what my mower guy tells me. I'm trying to decide whether to try to find a used transaxle for it and then sell it or to just sell it as is as the parts seem near impossible to find. It has a 48" mower deck, 48" snow plow and wheel weights and chains (among other things I'm keeping). Took the mower deck off to make it easier to transport to my mower repairman. Left it off for now to make more room for the Hustler. I just bought a new Hustler Raptor SD 54" in the meantime to keep up with the three yards I mow every week. Opinions? Sorry in advance it this isn't the proper place for the post, I'm new to posting in forums. Thanks.20140720_171004.jpg20140720_171024.jpg