Non Ethanol Gas

TiredRetired

Threads
For about a year now I have been using non ethanol gas in all my two stroke engines including my beloved 2003 L-B 10323. Around here, the non ethanol gas comes down from Canada and is available in 93 octane only. As per guidelines I use only L-B oil, mixed to 32:1. As an added precaution I also mix 2 ounces of Seafoam to the 2 gallons of mixture.

My question is do any of you guys feel that the 93 octane gas is too high for my L-B?

Thanx in advance for your help. :biggrin:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We've been using 97 octane, because that is all that is available here as non-ethanol. Haven't had a problem, so I say go for it. I'm also a proponent of SeaFoam.

Rudedog

Threads
What does Seafoam do to benefit 2 cycle engines?

TiredRetired

Threads
What does Seafoam do to benefit 2 cycle engines?

I would say no more than it does with 4 cycle engines. It is a stabilizer, fuel lubricant and helps keep the engine clean. I have had good luck with it over the years with my cars I store for the winter. Never having any issues with the fuel in the spring when I bring them out.

I store my non ethanol gas for all my 2 strokers over the winter because non ethanol is only available here between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Of course I am needing all my lawn equipment and chain saws much before then. So far Seafoam has worked out well keeping the fuel as fresh as to be expected. I am a creature of habit. YMMV, of course.

I have read others swear by adding 1 oz of Marvel Mystery Oil per gallon for two strokers. To each their own I guess.

TiredRetired

Threads
We've been using 97 octane, because that is all that is available here as non-ethanol. Haven't had a problem, so I say go for it. I'm also a proponent of SeaFoam.

Wow, 97 octane. I would love to have that for my SRT/6 Xfire. Curious, how much is that per gallon?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Price of 97 octane right now is low for here, $3.79/gal. We use Sea-Foam additive to clean varnish and gum out without pulling the carb. Found that it works well on mildly gunked up carbs, especially 2 cycled engines, where the customer does not always mix his fuel/oil correctly.

scott47429

Threads
i havent tryed sea foam yet but i think I'm going to so how much per gallon of gas my mower has 2 tanks at 7.5 gallon each

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Haven't got a can handy, but if I remember right one can treats 20 gallons. I normally use it a little heavy so I would use a full can for your 15 gallons. Price of a can here ranges from $7-11. Shop around.

scott47429

Threads
sorry i made a mistake my adding must not be good tonight its two tanks 5.5 gal each 11 total