Would you buy from Ebay?

littleAudrey

Threads
Would you buy a lawn mower from Ebay? I deliberated for a long time wondering whether it was a bad idea but the price was very good so I went ahead and bought it. On the whole I was pleased but it broke down within a year. I'll give the seller credit for replacing it immediately with a brand new one but I may have been fortunate and perhaps wouldn't do it again.

TedBeal

Threads
I have bought electrical goods from Ebay and if I was familiar with the make, and it was maybe a private seller where I could go and try out the goods first, I'd consider it but you have to be careful as a lot of the "new" goods are just refurbished.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Absolutely ...
and I have a lot of things ...From cars and tractors to electronics and hardware... New to used...:thumbsup:
In hundreds of transactions I have only had one less than perfect transaction. Definitely great odds for a good deal.
Like in any thing in life ... YOU must pay attention and know a little about what you are doing/getting.
Ebay is wonderful... :smile:KennyV

Mac 624

Threads
Like in any thing in life ... YOU must pay attention and know a little about what you are doing/getting.
I agree

Ebay is wonderful... :smile:KennyV

For Germany I can not say so. Ebay is overpriced. Lot of Goofys there, which want an item, You often can buy new for a lower price or better to buy local. Also lot of chinese junk, too.

Yes, I have done a lot of good sales there. If problems appear, ebay is quiet but is talking about the Ebay "community!
They suck money and it is very expensive today. It makes no fun to do deals there today and I stay away from there since neraly 2 years. Prices are pushed by inner cirkles of a lot of buyers. I guess it is the same in the US.

Zeroturn

Threads
Nope, not unless it was in my local area and I could go look at it prior to buying it. You just don't know who you are dealing with on e-bay and you don't know what you will get.

Usedtorent

Threads
I would have to say that I would not buy a lawnmower from e-bay either. I can't imagine the shipping cost to have a rider shipped to you. I bet most are sold that you have to come pick them up.

DakotaMM

Threads
I might buy one from Ebay but I find it to be a little to impersonal for my case. I might buy one off of craigslist because it is easier to get in to direct contact with the owners (in my experience).

Bethieboo

Threads
I guess I am just to paranoid about ebay to use it for anything. I have heard so many horror stories and I hear that it is difficult to get a charge back if you need one.

pebbles

Threads
I wouldn't buy parts off ebay, there is no guarantee that the part will fit and then you have the hassle of returning the part or trying to sell it on yourself.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
There are millions of transactions on Ebay, the shear number of daily sales speaks for itself...
If you have not looked, go there, look around, there are links to help you figure out what is really going on... see: eBay: Learning Center: Index
It's not a mysterious place, you can find almost anything there. AND you can sell things that others are in need of...
Some listings are auctions some are just posts of things for sale...:smile:KennyV