SUBSTITUTE FOR A LAWN STRIPING ROLLER

Threads
Is there a way to get the same result as with a lawn striping roller without the cost? I have seen it where people get a pipe and fill it with gravel and tie it to the rubber thing on the back of the push mower, but is there a way to do it so you can back up without it hitting the blade??

D2hornets58

Threads
I have also heard of people using something like a mud flap off of a truck but not sure about backing up.

Threads
Ya that is the only problem, I would use a pipe w/ gravel, but I would prefer it if it doesn't get chopped up by the blades! Haha

D2hornets58

Threads
Haha yeah i dont know how you could get it to not hit the blades.

Raw Dodge

Threads
The mudflap works awesome and is usually free.... youll have to make up a bracket to fit between the rear wheels and to clamp the mudflap in...but its well worth it...and what's the problem backing up? You simply cut it so it is a few inches too long and when you back up it doesn't even come close to the deck if you mount it between the rear tires....remember you don't need a roller where the tires travel... they do a great job laying down the grass so no need to mount it right behind the blades.

D2hornets58

Threads
On my mower I could put one towards the back and it would be behind the blades. How would you recommend mounting it???????