Toro 455D blowing run fuse

Chad156

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was cutting grass this evening for about an hour when the mower just shut down. After doing a little looking around I found the 15 amp run fuse had blown. I put another one in and as soon as I turned the key to start it the fuse blew again. It did not even turn over. I checked the battery and the starter and both are fine. No other fuses blown that I can see. I eliminated the fuse to see if I could get it to start and it will turn over,but it seems like it is not getting any fuel. It is a Toro Groundsmaster 455D. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If your weather has been as hot and dry as ours your problem may be as simple as a dirt/grass buildup around safety switches or wires burned through. I would give the unit a good bath and then inspect every wire and connection for shorts or frayed wires. This one is going one of two ways; very easy or very hard, sorry to say. My guess a bad wire.

Chad156

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you guys for your input. I did a little more checking and I am now thinking the valve solenoid went bad and that popped the fuse and would prevent me from getting fuel. I disconnected the power from the solenoid and put another fuse in and turned it over to see if the fuse would pop again. The fuse is fine. So thats why i am thinking the solenoid is bad. Again any additional input would be greatly appreciated.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like you have found the short... :smile:KennyV