3810 need coil replacement

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Found used coil on ebay, posted link below. I did not search entire site for new coil, something you might want to do. Also check out freedomcyclenh.com lighting coils. Hope this helps, Mark

Honda HT3810 Riding Mower Charging Coils | eBay

I just found this website as well.

30500-890-952 HONDA COIL ASSY., IGNITION (Honda Code 2156701)

All Years HT3810 SA LAWN TRACTOR, JPN Honda Lawn Tractor IGNITION COIL (HT3810-K1-K2) Diagram and Parts { see item number 7}

1 .. there are CHARGING COILS, and not spark coil.

2 .. it says PRODUCT OBSOLETE...!

3 .. Again CHARGING COILS.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Harald's Small Engine, Inc. - Home

In stock, $79.63 plus $12.95 shipping. Contacted them yesterday, received email back saying part was available. They have a huge parts inventory, new and used parts, as well as five acres of older lawnmowers and tractors, they ship worldwide.

Last edited:

Zutzius

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,
I am new in the forum.

Does anyone have an idea where to find this ignition coil.

My HONDA Lawn Tractor HT3810
has Engine SN: G400 146 75 88

Honda part number should be: 30500-890-592

Thanks a lot for your help

Zutzius
Luxembourg (EUROPE)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Honda stopped making ride on lawn mower engines a long time ago because they would not degrade their brand name by making the garbage engines that the mower companies would pay for.
A little latter they exited the ride on tractor market all together as the market wanted junk and not quality mowers.
Thus your part is now obsolete.
Honda continued to sell into Europe where the population can recognise good quality and were willing to pay a reasonable amount for it.
Volume wise a lot more were sold in the USA so you have a better chance of finding a good ? used one there, or perhaps even a NOS item sitting on a shelf.
I have had very little success finding G 400 electrical parts.
Honda have an excellent customer service division so if there is a work around they will usually help you.

And th USa version had a different ignition system to the European version, ( we got them both down here )
If the tractor is in good condition , and it is very hard work to destroy one you might consider fitting a different engine.

Zutzius

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank your bertsmobile 1 for your fast reaction.
As a matter of fact my lawn tractor is in very good condition and it would be a pity to destroy it an put it to the thrash.
It is a little bit strange that this thread about replacement of the ignition coil for an HT3810 is not active since 2013.
Does it meant that I am the one and only owner of an HT3810 which is still operational ?

On the other hand, you can find a lots of other spareparts for this model on the net : dealers, eBay, amazon...

I hope that someone had to face a similar problem since 2013 and can give me some precious information.

Perhaps an information on the way to repair the broken coil...
or perhaps the address for "Alibaba's Cave" where I can get this d...ed coil.

Regards
Zutzius