2011 Super Duty sputters sometimes on rough ground

Klaytor

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 2011 Super Duty sputters sometimes on rough ground
I have a 2011 Hustler Super Duty (54" 26HP Kawa)-it has about 43 hours on it. I have noticed lately that when I am mowing and hit a fairly rough/bumpy piece of ground the engine sputters. It has never shut off and it only does this on bumpy ground-it sputters and spits but then it recovers and is fine. I thought it might be the safety switch under the seat, and I took it out and checked the plunger. I put tape over the plunger and mowed some more-the first time I hit a bump the mower sputtered. I have the standard warrant but I was hoping that someone might be able to give me some input.

born2cut99

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would suggest checking the plug wires. I had the same issue had low hours and it was a faulty wire.

wascator

Threads
  • / 2011 Super Duty sputters sometimes on rough ground
Does it have a low oil shutdown system? If you slosh the oil enough it can ground out the ignition momentarily.
Also, if enough of your weight comes off the seat it can trigger the shutdown momentarily. We haa lady at work who is not heavy enough to keep the seat switch engaged and we had to tie the seat down for her to continue to mow.