1988 model# 6461 number 1 finished!

turfboy1997

Threads
Well it's been an adventure, but I have completely finished my first restore. I have officially caught the lawn boy fever. Three weeks ago I purchased two mod 6461 commercials, an extra f engine and and three full boxes of lawn boy parts including 6 brand new f series coils for $125. The second 6461 is coming along and is stripped painted and derusted. I got all new commercial wheels for both machines and I am waiting on my muffler gaskets to get here and wheel shoulder bolts for my second machine. I have also purchased a 1992 m series c21zmr mod# 680523 commercial that is next in line but does not need much work at all.

Attachments

• image-341533438.jpg
    image-341533438.jpg
    527 KB · Views: 59
  • image-1328816221.jpg
    image-1328816221.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 54

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's a fine looking machine. Thanks for posting the pictures.

I hope you plan to do some mowing with those LB commercial mowers. It would be such a shame to just let them sit and look pretty.

Here's a photo of my 1977 model 6255:

Lawn-Boy-6255-05.jpg

BTW, where did you find that lot of parts?

Fireman 123

Threads
Very nice job on the resto! And 2 stroke, you have a gem on your hands with that commercial bricktop. The guys over on mtf would trade their wives to it I bet haha.

turfboy1997

Threads
Thanks guys! The parts on the machine were in very good condition. The only thing i added was new wheels from stens, new decals from ebay, new gas cap from ebay, new recoil which i had and a fresh coat of paint and clear coat. Ebay had tons of good parts left and they are fairly reasonable. Also check and see if you have a stens dealer around you. They will save you a ton of money. You need to redo that bricktop commercial! that is neat!

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Very nice job on the resto! And 2 stroke, you have a gem on your hands with that commercial bricktop. The guys over on mtf would trade their wives to it I bet haha.

What's "mtf"? I guess I'm missing something.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks guys! The parts on the machine were in very good condition. The only thing i added was new wheels from stens, new decals from ebay, new gas cap from ebay, new recoil which i had and a fresh coat of paint and clear coat. Ebay had tons of good parts left and they are fairly reasonable. Also check and see if you have a stens dealer around you. They will save you a ton of money. You need to redo that bricktop commercial! that is neat!

I had never heard of Stens but I looked them up and found that they have a regional distribution center here in Atlanta. But the retail stores are not called Stens -- correct?

Fireman 123

Threads
My tractor forum. A bunch of lawn boy guru's over there.

Rudedog

Threads
Nice job Turfboy1997. That commercial model looks mint.

turfboy1997

Threads
Rudedog said:
Nice job Turfboy1997. That commercial model looks mint.

Thank you! I have another one just like it that I am waiting on some parts. It looks the same as this one. I'm pretty happy to have two of them! They have tons of compression!

Rudedog

Threads
That's a fine looking machine. Thanks for posting the pictures.

I hope you plan to do some mowing with those LB commercial mowers. It would be such a shame to just let them sit and look pretty.

Here's a photo of my 1977 model 6255:

Lawn-Boy-6255-05.jpg

BTW, where did you find that lot of parts?

That orange looks great with the green on that Brick top. I have two commercials that are F engine with the black tops. The Brick tops just look cool.