gas in my oil

clpalmer57@comcast.net

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an old well kept tractor. It wasn't running well and smoking. I went to change the oil and I noticed gasoline in it.I kept a close eye on it and it happened again. With some help from a friend we changed the head gasket and cleaned the carb. It started right up but i"m afraid it happened again. What else should I do/ or could it be? Could it be a cracked block? Thanks for any help. Cindy

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...

No it is not a cracked block, or a problem with the head gasket...
Your problem is likely in the carburetor, the float in the fuel bowl is not stopping fuel flow, when the engine is off... fuel is flooding the carb and finding it's way into the crankcase...
replacing the needle & seat in the carb May fix your problem.... BUT the best fix is to also install a manual fuel shut off in the line between the tank and engine. :smile:KennyV

stang8689

Threads
I had the same problem I bought the carb rebuild kit, even though you could piece it out, I cleaned the bowl and everything really good with carb cleaner, changed the oil and it was good to go, was pretty easy and was my first time doing it.