John Deere JS63C Push Mower Engine Replacement

Silver97

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here's the deal I recently hit a stump with my John Deere JS63C and it now has a severe vibration. I would tear it apart and fix it as I assume the crank is bent. I was looking on Ebay and seems like a 6.75 HP Quantum is only about $150 bucks. The Current engine is a 121602-0269. This is the info I can find on it "This engine has a 25mmx3-5/32" keyed shaft on it with a 1/4" keyway and 2 woodruff keyways and a 3/8 # 24 bolt on the end of the shaft." My question is what do I need to be looking for in a new engine.

Small Engine Warehouse - Repower Outdoor Power Equipment lists a part number as 126K02-0835 for a replacement.

wondering if either of these would work.

BRIGGS & STRATTON QUANTUM 6.75HP ELECTRICSTART MOWER ENGINE BRIGGS AND STRATTON | eBay

BRIGGS & STRATTON 7HP OHV MOWER ENGINE 121602-0112 7 HP | eBay

bobb_cars

Forum Newbie
Threads
they have shortblocks on ebay. i bought one for $80 shipped a couple weeks ago for a troybilt mower

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have you Replaced the blade??
If the crank is bent it IS possible to bend it back... watch this youtube...
Brigg's $ Stratton bent crank repair redneck style - YouTube
Remove the sparkplug when you turn it over AND don't cut Your fingers, like this guy did...
As you can see it is Not difficult to bend the crank, he is doing it a bit more crudely ... bit it is not going to be impossible.
:smile:KennyV