TORO vs. HUSQVARNA?

TORO vs. HUSQVARNA?

• Total voters
Threads
Which ZTR mower would you recommend---the Toro Timecutter or a Husqvarna ZTR? Which one leaves a better cut w/ no clumps of grass left behind, and is build-to-last?

hitmanharleyk

Threads
What is the cost of the machines? and where are you buying from?

Threads
$2,800-3,500. Buying them from a hardware/mower store, not Home Depot or Lowes!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
$2,800-3,500. Buying them from a hardware/mower store, not Home Depot or Lowes!

Hardware/mower store, Home Depot or Lowes not a lot of difference there. About the same with the mowers, neither is really built to last an extended period of time if the mower is used on a regular basis, and I don't really know of a mower that will not leave clumps of grass in the right conditions.

Threads
Ric said:
Hardware/mower store, Home Depot or Lowes not a lot of difference there. About the same with the mowers, neither is really built to last an extended period of time if the mower is used on a regular basis.

Ok thanks for the advice. The reason I was thinking about getting one there is because a local place that sells just mowers doesnt sell that brand. But I think i am going to get a mower that they DO have at the local store anyway.

jamsmallengine

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hardware/mower store, Home Depot or Lowes not a lot of difference there. About the same with the mowers, neither is really built to last an extended period of time if the mower is used on a regular basis, and I don't really know of a mower that will not leave clumps of grass in the right conditions.

You must have had a bad experiance with your local mower shop. Because the best place to purchase a mower or hand held out door equipment would be from your local dealer. Better sales information and service all around. What you buy at a big box store is what you buy. And remember just because a dealer is licensed to do warranty work doesnt mean that they have to. And a good local dealer will always take care of their sales customers work prior to any big box store purchased item. I know that if I am working on equipment that was purchased some where else and one of my customers show up with their equipment, I will sit the other aside and TAKE CARE OF "MY" CUSTOMER FIRST!

jamsmallengine

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok thanks for the advice. The reason I was thinking about getting one there is because a local place that sells just mowers doesnt sell that brand. But I think i am going to get a mower that they DO have at the local store anyway.

Good for you. I am so happy to hear that.

Threads
You must have had a bad experiance with your local mower shop. Because the best place to purchase a mower or hand held out door equipment would be from your local dealer. Better sales information and service all around. What you buy at a big box store is what you buy. And remember just because a dealer is licensed to do warranty work doesnt mean that they have to. And a good local dealer will always take care of their sales customers work prior to any big box store purchased item. I know that if I am working on equipment that was purchased some where else and one of my customers show up with their equipment, I will sit the other aside and TAKE CARE OF "MY" CUSTOMER FIRST!

I'm with you on that- my customer comes first.
As for the origonal question - Husqvarna.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads

Im with you on this one. Support your local dealer and they support you.

As for the poll its a difficult one.
Husqvarna bought Dixon a few years ago who are the original and best ztr manufacturer for years but took ages to go to hydrostatic transmission and everybody else caught up.
If they use dixon as their ztr then it would be a good mower.

Toro are equally as good.
The 36" deck is better due to its not a timed deck like the 42".
Depends if you are just cutting lawns or doing rough work aswell