Gas and oil mix

Hoss

Threads
My father in law used a gasoline/oil mix for the leaf blower on the lawnmower, and now it turns on but shuts off right away. What can I do to fix this, or has it done irreparable damage to the engine?

Mac 624

Threads
What brand of engine? For normal a 4stroke engine can be runned with gas/oil mix. But it is senseless.

jhwentworth

Threads
My father in law used a gasoline/oil mix for the leaf blower on the lawnmower, and now it turns on but shuts off right away. What can I do to fix this, or has it done irreparable damage to the engine?

Gas/oil mix won't damage a 4-cycle motor. Have you looked at the mixed fuel to see if there is dirt or water in it? How old is that mixed fuel? The first thing to try is to drain the fuel from the tank and carburetor.

From your problem description I'd say you have a "run and die". By that I mean the motor will start using the primer and/or the choke but dies when in normal operation. This is quite common when the motor is equipped with a primer for starting, and is resolved by cleaning the jets in the carburetor.