My mower wont go. Riding Mower w/ Bad Transmission?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / My mower wont go. Riding Mower w/ Bad Transmission?
Just repaired a JD lawn tractor not moving. Pulley hub striped and it has a fan.

So can you give me the part number for the fan belt?

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
No fan belt # I would think it could be called a drive belt or pump belt take your pick. It has a fan and the belt drives the fan so lets call it a fan belt. Who in the world cares what you want to call it. No I don't have a belt part number and not going to get one. The money for the repair job is in the bank and the customer will be cutting grass as soon as it quits raining I think??

Buckshot 1

Threads
:smile: I doubt that it is the tranny. That is a variable drive system. I have found that working on MTD LT's, that aftermarket belts just do not get it. MTD belt #'s for the that drive: 954-04001A and 954-0241A. I would pull the battery and the battery box, and check the drive pulley on the tranny. It has a serrated center hub, and I have found the teeth seared off. Also check the variable speed pulley, I have found them froze up. The tranny is a single speed unit, with forward, neutral and reverse and very seldom gives you any trouble.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Buckshot 1;111790. I would pull the battery and the battery box said:
That is what my picture was of but on a John Deere seeing that what I was working on at the time. Now as far as Carscw wanting part numbers I took it as he was pulling my chain calling it a fan belt so I was just giving it back. Just having a little fun.