weedeater brand mower quit running the day i got it

chevyman984

Threads
My weedeater brand lawnmower was running fine when I unloaded it from my truck and added oil and gas. But after I broke the engine in, I started it up and started mowing and pow, it popped a puff of black smoke and neverhas ran since then. I removed the head, which was probably the dumbest thing I've ever done because it voided the warrenty :( and noticed when I put my fingers on the piston and pushed from left to right, the piston had a hell of a lot of play( little less than a quarter of and inch) so I don't know what happened. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Lawnranger

Threads
Put it back together and try to return it for a full refund of your money. Simply removing the cylinder head may void your warranty, however, you probably didn't damage anything in the process.

We had a Weedeater riding mower in the shop for over a year waiting for a warranty transmission and when we finally got the replacement in and installed it, the new transmission had a different problem and now the waiting game starts all over. Needless to say the customer isn't happy. My advice is to stay away from anything "Weedeater" brand. I told this particular customer that "you don't get what you don't pay for".

chevyman984

Threads
Put it back together and try to return it for a full refund of your money. Simply removing the cylinder head may void your warranty, however, you probably didn't damage anything in the process.

We had a Weedeater riding mower in the shop for over a year waiting for a warranty transmission and when we finally got the replacement in and installed it, the new transmission had a different problem and now the waiting game starts all over. Needless to say the customer isn't happy. My advice is to stay away from anything "Weedeater" brand. I told this particular customer that "you don't get what you don't pay for".

Well thanks :) I knew I shouldntof bought it because it was really cheap! Thanks and good luck to you with yours :)