Cub Cadet LT1042 PTO won't engage

Lawn Viking

Forum Newbie
Threads
This was a huge help! It was 100% exactly what had happened. This is my first tractor and I wanted to perform my own service. Everything went great but I forgot to put the small steel arm that goes under the pulley back on. I ran the machine and then remembered about it. When I put the arm back on and ran the machine the PTO would not start and for the life of me I could not figure out why (until I found this thread). I had cut one of the two wires running to the mower deck. I wired the cut cabble together and ran the cable around the arm to ensure no contact with anything that might cut it.

Thank you very much! I'll pay it forward.

Ryan

jackster

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've been having what appears to be the same problem. My fuse blew a couple times when I engaged the PTO. The first time I didn't worry too much and just changed the fuse, after the second I looked around for wiring problems and found that the wires to the clutch had both been ripped off (the spring was nowhere to be found). I've tried rewiring this thing several times without success - possibly another problem as well? Anyway, I'm glad you guys were here discussing this - I'm nearly mad from trying to fix this thing. My wife says I should have bought a Deere, but I can't say I wouldn't have problems with that either. It's very aggravating how much work this machine requires.
(I guess I'm really just sharing frustration - let me know if you guys ever find a tractor that can put up with doing some labor)