I don't know how to put my lawn mower muffler back on.

kev15

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / I don't know how to put my lawn mower muffler back on.
I have a craftsman self-propelled lawn mower model number: 917.374358. I am currently going through a lot of health problems so my father came from several states away to help me out and cut my grass. Well he checked the oil but forgot to put the oil cap all the way on. My wife tried to cut the lawn yesterday and after about 10 minutes oil and smoke where everywhere (thats when i notice the cap hanging there). Long story short, I tried to clean up the oil that is in every nook on the lawn mower. I went to take the muffler off to try and get some of the oil out but a few more parts fell off then I expected. Now I don't know how to put it back together. The muffler looks like a right triangle shape. But what has me confused is the other parts. I think a couple of gaskets and a slender medal piece that hooks from the muffler to up under the main motor part. I am not sure what that is supposed to hook to and my owners manual doesn't show it. Please help if you can. Thanks - Kev

Powerstroke

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kev there's gotta be a solution to this problem but there's a solution on the side. Leave the muffler off! I think of it as a way to get back at the neighbors running their loud generators during short snowstorms. Sometimes they sound better with the muffler off too.

Karls Lawnboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
what the hay? "Leave it off?"

Homer1

Threads