Repairs toro Z4200 74360 transaxels will not engage

carydon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just as I finished mowing, 1 drive handle would not engage... started it 5 days later and then "BOTH" drive handles would not engage ??? NO OIL LEAKS.... belt seems to be operating correctly... brake arms/cables seem right... as do the hydro contol arms... I dont know how to check the idler pully... it "seems" tight...I also attempted to purge transaxels even though they have never been worked on... Could the belt have gotten too slick, yet still be appearing to spin the pulleys, but not strong enough ??? Mower used 4 1/2 summers.. Please help... any insight is very appreciated...

silvermon

Forum Newbie
Threads
You are saying,"No oil leaks." Does that mean you verified the oil level in the hydraulic reservoir as well?

snapsstorer

Threads
also, if it has an oil filter on the unit like the snapper unit have, did you change them. i had a problem with a snapper zeroturn i use. one hydro unit moved slower then the other one, changed the filters on the both of the units, and completely drained and cleaned the resovior on the slow side(some dirt got in the tank). after that it ran like i put 2 new units in it(which of course i didnt put new units in it)