Remove GXV140 from Self Propelled and Install on Non-Self Propelled Mower?

shanker

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Remove GXV140 from Self Propelled and Install on Non-Self Propelled Mower?
I've got two Honda HR215 mowers...one is a newer self propelled (with a bent shaft but works great) and the other is a non-self propelled with a blown engine.

I'm buying a new engine to put on my self propelled mower and was wondering if I can install the old engine on my older mowers frame?

Everything looks like it'll line up right and work, but the only difference I can find is where the shaft comes out of the block for the transmission. Can this shaft be removed and the hole be threaded & tapped?

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Remove GXV140 from Self Propelled and Install on Non-Self Propelled Mower?
I've got two Honda HR215 mowers...one is a newer self propelled (with a bent shaft but works great) and the other is a non-self propelled with a blown engine.

I'm buying a new engine to put on my self propelled mower and was wondering if I can install the old engine on my older mowers frame?

Everything looks like it'll line up right and work, but the only difference I can find is where the shaft comes out of the block for the transmission. Can this shaft be removed and the hole be threaded & tapped?

What's the serial numbers off both mowers? If you can get me those, I can check our service database and also speak with an engineer.