How to check out whether the battery good or not?

darksoldier

Forum Newbie
Threads
  After 4 or 5 years (regardless of mileage) most batteries are getting weak and need to be replaced. If you are lucky, your battery might go 5 or 6 years, but average battery life is still only about four years. In hot climates like Arizona and New Mexico, three years is about all the heat most batteries can take. Absorbant Glass Mat (AGM) gel-cell type batteries typically last up to a year or two longer than conventional wet cell lead-acid batteries, so you might consider buying one of these when you replace the battery. Replacement cost for a new battery: $60 to $140 depending on the type and brand purchased. For more information about fort car diagnosis, Click Ford Rotunda Deater IDS VCM.

bollingball

Threads
  After 4 or 5 years (regardless of mileage) most batteries are getting weak and need to be replaced. If you are lucky, your battery might go 5 or 6 years, but average battery life is still only about four years. In hot climates like Arizona and New Mexico, three years is about all the heat most batteries can take. Absorbant Glass Mat (AGM) gel-cell type batteries typically last up to a year or two longer than conventional wet cell lead-acid batteries, so you might consider buying one of these when you replace the battery. Replacement cost for a new battery: $60 to $140 depending on the type and brand purchased. For more information about fort car diagnosis, Click Ford Rotunda Deater IDS VCM.

Is there a question here? The best way to tell is a load test. Using a battery maintainer when not in use will get you the most life out of a battery. Take it out of the mower in the winter so it does not freeze. I get 6 to 7 years out of mine. Have one going on 8 years now.

JoeNoble

Threads
If you take the battery to autozone they can test it for you. +1 to the battery maintainer btw I got mine from autozone for about 20 or 30 bucks which is a lil less than one of our duralast gold lawn and garden batteries iirc. Cheaper than buying a new battery every couple years though. Mine came with two types of connectors, clamps and eyelet (ring style) so I just bolted the ring style to the battery when I installed it so I can just plug it strait into the maintainer. Also a lil dielectric grease works wonders. Here's a couple pics.
48c1175f.jpg

394383c1.jpg