Problem with my Toro 20383

Church2224

Forum Newbie
Threads
I hate for this to be my first post on this forum, but here it goes...

I purchased a brand new Toro Super Recycler model 20383 almost three weeks ago to cut my front and side yards. Today I was trimming the spot next to my driveway with it and when I pushed on the handle the drive did not engage. I looked underneath the mower and the belt had fallen off.

I plan on taking it to the dealer tomorrow, but could I fix this myself? Now I really like this mower, works and cuts great and handles nicely. Is this a common issue with the SR4s or am I just the lucky one? If it is how can I prevent it in the future. Also how long would it take the dealer to fix it? I need it to cut a friend's yard this week.

Thanks everyone!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This mower has a recall on it and the transmission screws need to be replaced. They should have been done before it was sold. After he does the work, find a new dealer. This is a great machine, just a bad dealer.

Church2224

Forum Newbie
Threads
This mower has a recall on it and the transmission screws need to be replaced. They should have been done before it was sold. After he does the work, find a new dealer. This is a great machine, just a bad dealer.

Thanks for the info Rivets!

Yeah besides this issue it has been a phenomenal mower, probably one of the best mowers I have owned.

I am taking it into the dealer first thing in the morning. Good thing there is also another Toro dealer near me as well, need a zero turn soon and these guys will not be getting my business again.

Church2224

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I took it to the dealer and asked them to fix it. They said it had not been recalled. I called Toro and they said the same thing.

I am going to check it out. I think something might have got in and slipped it off the belt like a rock or twig. I will report back on further findings.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry, I just checked my info and I was wrong. I looked at the wrong model number. Hope the dealer fix the problem anyway as a good will jester. Sorry again.