A-C Cab

Craftsman13

Threads
What do you guys think of an air conditioned cab that goes on a riding mower?:smile:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I hope you are talking about a different mower them that craftsman. By the time you install a air conditioner compressor and then mow grass in the hot Florida weather you are going to need more tractor then that craftsman. You will cook that air cooled engine that is if it has enough power to run it all.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Am I missing something if a craftsman and a JD run the same model engine are they not the same or does Briggs not make the one that goes on the craftsman as good Aa the one on the JD

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Am I missing something if a craftsman and a JD run the same model engine are they not the same or does Briggs not make the one that goes on the craftsman as good Aa the one on the JD

Are you talking about a air conditioning unit? Just news to me what any company installed air conditioning on any small garden tractor. But just because I never heard of it doesn't make it a fact. Now you are saying a JD with a air cooled B&S engine has a AC and cab and on a 100 series. Now lets compare tractor to tractor.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I did not say any mower had AC. I guess what I am asking is why do you say a craftsman can not handle it? Is the Briggs 20hp on the craftsman not the same as the Briggs 20hp on any other mower

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Without getting deeper but a AC takes a lot of power to run it as to how much I don't know. Compare two cars with and without. The car with has a heavy duty cooling system. I am saying ANY small air cooled engine would be too much to run a AC, mow heavy grass on a very hot day. Yes they do install AC units on tractors but not on a 20 HP air cooled engine. You will find them on the larger farm tractors. OK seeing I have never seen it done or heard of it before you must be right and I would say go for it because I am just guessing on this.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
reynoldston said:
I hope you are talking about a different mower them that craftsman. By the time you install a air conditioner compressor and then mow grass in the hot Florida weather you are going to need more tractor then that craftsman. You will cook that air cooled engine that is if it has enough power to run it all.

I know all about AC But in your post you made it sound like he could not put AC on his mower because it is a craftsman

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I know all about AC But in your post you made it sound like he could not put AC on his mower because it is a craftsman

Being a craftsman has nothing to do with it. But what has, is any small air cooled engine which could be in any peace of equipment.. I am also saying working it hard on a very hot day and a AC would put it over the limit. I have found on my Wheel House that my tractor has less power then my son-in laws and the only difference is mine is a hydro and his a standard trans. You will find any accessories take power to run from a light to a AC unit.

fastback

Threads
We are trying to address a couple of questions. As for engine quality manufactures have several models of the same hp. As for one being better than the other it would be whether they are the same model and not just the same hp. Of these some are made to last while the others are almost throw away with a short term life.

As for AC it takes hp to run an ac compressor, it is doubtful that a 20 hp air cooled could do all operations like motion, cooling and cutting.

The difference between JD and Craftsman is that Craftsman only make very limited sizes of tractors. JD on the other hand goes brom lawn tractors to full size farm and industrial tractors with powerful engines. So I'm sure that some of these will and do have AC. This is how I interperted Reynoldson's statement and I agree.

Just another opinion.