AMF riding mower

Fireman 123

Threads
One for sale locally. AMF made a lot of things, but didn't know they did mowers. Any one have any dealing or remembrance of them?

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I can't answer the question but I'm curious -- is it two-stroke powered?

Fireman 123

Threads
It's a riding mower. 36" cut. Runs and mows. $75

noma

Threads
Fireman 123

You are getting that for $ 75.00 and it runs and mows and possible don't burn oil and the tires hold air you got a deal hurry and get it before some other fools get it. What do you expect for $ 75.00 hurry:licking:

Fireman 123

Threads
noma said:
Fireman 123

You are getting that for $ 75.00 and it runs and mows and possible don't burn oil and the tires hold air you got a deal hurry and get it before some other fools get it. What do you expect for $ 75.00 hurry:licking:

Yeah I'd say it's a good deal, but I have a hard time throwing $75 at something I don't really need.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Fireman 123

Yeah .. but if it's just an old B&S (or other mediocre engine) mower I'd pass. I was hoping that it might be some two-stroke collectible.

On the other hand, at that price, maybe you could re-sell it.

Black Bart

Threads
Make sure it don't need anything I seriously doubt if you can buy parts.
The AMF was a cheaply built mower and was not going to last long.
If this thing runs with NO issues it has probably been sitting for a lot of years.

While most would say buy it I would apply that $75.00 toward a good mower if it was me.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It just seems that anything made by AMF back in the 60's and 70's was poorly made including Harley Davidson. For that price maybe a parts mower.

benski

Threads
I'm, uh, bowled over by this subject.:biggrin::ashamed: In all seriousness, I think I'd have to leave that one with its current owner, unless I was opening a museum..

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm, uh, bowled over by this subject.:biggrin::ashamed: In all seriousness, I think I'd have to leave that one with its current owner, unless I was opening a museum..

I suspect your "bowled over" is a pun about the bowling sideline business AMF had at one time...wasn't it pinsetters they manufactured?