Whats the Best mower at Lowes or Homedepot $399 or less?

mhx

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Whats the Best mower at Lowes or Homedepot $399 or less?
Whats the Best mower at Lowes or Homedepot and priced $399 or less?

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
None, There all pretty much junk except for a Hustler.

tybilly

Threads
your local dealer that's been in business for 20+ yrs. hand picks the mowers they sell,ensureing your getting quality,for the money

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
your local dealer that's been in business for 20+ yrs. hand picks the mowers they sell,ensureing your getting quality,for the money

Yep. Two years down the road you will be ahead of the game to go to a dealer. Most stuff Lowes sells is MTD junk or it appears to that all I saw was.

lzn197

Threads
I 2nd that.:thumbsup:
Which model? I only see the AWD model in that price range and I am not sure that is a good choice unless you have steep grades. Very bulky machine that doesn't easily allow you to back it up after using self propel.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Which model? I only see the AWD model in that price range and I am not sure that is a good choice unless you have steep grades. Very bulky machine that doesn't easily allow you to back it up after using self propel.

Th OP asked whats the best mower at Lowes or Homedepot and priced $399 or less? The Husqvarna 190cc AWD is $399 if you want to go to rear wheel drive you need to drop back to say the 22" 175cc Briggs for like $329 or something like that.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yep. Two years down the road you will be ahead of the game to go to a dealer. Most stuff Lowes sells is MTD junk or it appears to that all I saw was.

The Last I knew Husqvarna, Honda nor Briggs were not owned or had anything to do with MTD. The real cheap Toro riding tractors may have been or still be made by MTD, but not real sure of that.

tybilly

Threads
yeah I should've stuck to the post,the only good thing about the Husqvarna at lowes is the steel is made in Charleston sc and stamped and painted and assembled in orangeburg sc,that's it. too many moving parts means problems,ill agree to the toro or the Honda at home depot.