Husqvarna vs Cub Cadet

biggreen62

Forum Newbie
Threads
My wife and I just purchased a 2.5 acre mini farm.
We have a 54 dwarf tree orchard and 4 good size garden areas.
Total mowing area is some where 1.5 acres.
I am looking at the Husqvarna and Cub Cadet Garden Tractors and have a $3000 top end budget.
The lot is very flat and fairly smooth.
Which machine would you recommend and which has the best attachments for the price.
Thank you.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
My wife and I just purchased a 2.5 acre mini farm.
We have a 54 dwarf tree orchard and 4 good size garden areas.
Total mowing area is some where 1.5 acres.
I am looking at the Husqvarna and Cub Cadet Garden Tractors and have a $3000 top end budget.
The lot is very flat and fairly smooth.
Which machine would you recommend and which has the best attachments for the price.
Thank you.

What series Cub Cadet are you looking at, the GT or GTX?

TnHusky

Threads
This would be my pick.
The GTH24K54, it has the beefed up Deck with a Kawasaki engine. And for about $300 more you can get a fabricated deck but I don't think you will need it.

Attachments

• gth24k54-806a42e.png
    gth24k54-806a42e.png
    178.7 KB · Views: 10

chobbs1957

Threads
They are just about the same mower, as I believe Husqvarna makes the Cub Cadets, or at least some of the tractor type models. I see a few differences in some of the features, but they are mechanically very similar machines, about the same price range.

I'd get whichever one had the features I like the most. For example, my friend's new Cub Cadet has about 10 different cutting heights whereas my Husqvarna has about 5. Of course, the availability of dealer service, warranty repair, and other support would weigh heavily in my choice.

We have the Husqvarna YTH21K46, and are very pleased so far.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
They are just about the same mower, as I believe Husqvarna makes the Cub Cadets, or at least some of the tractor type models. I see a few differences in some of the features, but they are mechanically very similar machines, about the same price range.

I'd get whichever one had the features I like the most. For example, my friend's new Cub Cadet has about 10 different cutting heights whereas my Husqvarna has about 5. Of course, the availability of dealer service, warranty repair, and other support would weigh heavily in my choice.

We have the Husqvarna YTH21K46, and are very pleased so far.

I hate to pop your bubble but Husqvarna does not make Cub Cadet. MTD purchased the Cub Cadet brand from International Harvester in 1981. Cub Cadet was and is held as a wholly owned subsidiary for many years following the acquisition, which allowed them to operate independently.

Husqvarna mowers are owned and made by the Husqvarna Group they manufacturer of their own stuff, plus Craftsman, Poulan, and some other not so reliable equipment IMO

Last edited:

afoulk

Threads
I thought AYP built the Husqvarna and Craftsman stuff, not Husqvarna them selves? Either way, I would still go with the Husqvarna over the Cub Cadet.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm not sure.
which do you recommend?

For your budget my recommendation would be the 2000 series Cub Cadet. The GT 2000 or 2100 with the Direct shaft drive. there price tags are around $3500 but the machine would do anything you needed to do and more.