M-ZT 52 Review

RatRacer

Threads
Since editing goes away after a time, I'll add posts as use progresses.

Today, the Big Dog's replacement finally shows...

After beating up the all local dealers, and discussing with my repair guy, I turned to the web for my prize. Nobody would come off MSRP, even though the "S" means suggested, plus delivery, set-up fee's, and of course, tax. That put my quarry above $6K when said and done. Web searches turned up several willing candidates, which Mowers4less (aka Salisbury Power Equip) in N.C. won out after several phone calls. They took 7 business days to ship, and 5 business days in transit, slow but it was free. This saved me $800+, unfortunately, not locally.

Today it arrived.
I'm not sure if they charge a set-up fee, or an uncrating fee. I'm going to send the crate pieces to Haiti and they will be almost like new.:confused2:
P5220007.jpg

It was in perfect condition. Good job guys.:thumbsup:
P5220010.jpg

P5220008.jpg

A look at the petinents
P5220012.jpg

P5220017.jpg

And, as much as I hate being in front of the lense, a size perspective
P5220020.jpg

Last edited:

Parkmower

Threads
Your gonna love that seat. It looks like the same one on my pz 7234. Good lookin machine.

RatRacer

Threads
Thanks Gents.
Tomorrow is drive day. I needed to get some bigger wrenches to turn the ROPS around. All the fluids were good, but the battery was dead. So gas, wrenches and hearing protection will go tomorrow to finish a shakedown

Your gonna love that seat. It looks like the same one on my pz 7234. Good lookin machine.

SCMCG

Threads
I may be changing my mind from the Gravely ZT52HD to this model. The only thing concerning me is it appears to sit up higher? Just wonder how it will "stick" on my couple side-hills I have to mow. I also wonder about the deck as I have a LOT of areas where most mowers will scalp just due to the lay of the land. is there any rollers or anything on the back side of this deck? Looks good, Congrats!

P.S. We leave next Thursday for Singer Island/Palm Beach Shores for a week. Can't wait to get outta Iowa LOL!

Moto110ky

Threads
I having a hard time finding any reviews on this mower. I have looked at all brands and from what I have seen this is this best mower for the price. The m-zt52 is $4995 from local dealer, pretty sure this is the mower I am going to buy but I am just waiting to here from other owners.

RatRacer

Threads
I may be changing my mind from the Gravely ZT52HD to this model. The only thing concerning me is it appears to sit up higher? Just wonder how it will "stick" on my couple side-hills I have to mow. I also wonder about the deck as I have a LOT of areas where most mowers will scalp just due to the lay of the land. is there any rollers or anything on the back side of this deck? Looks good, Congrats!

P.S. We leave next Thursday for Singer Island/Palm Beach Shores for a week. Can't wait to get outta Iowa LOL!

The seat bottom ( where you place your butt) is 31" off the ground. There are 3 front AS rollers only, but the Big Dog had the same configuration, and handled the areas my JD would scalp without doing so.
You'll be about 60 miles from me, on vaca. Enjoy, as it's gettin hot and humid.:thumbsup:
untitled.jpg

I having a hard time finding any reviews on this mower. I have looked at all brands and from what I have seen this is this best mower for the price. The m-zt52 is $4995 from local dealer, pretty sure this is the mower I am going to buy but I am just waiting to here from other owners.

I know, and that is exactly why I'm doing this. It's because is such a new model. That's a darn good price, as my local dealers wouldn't budge off MSRP, even for a stack of Benjamins in hand, instead of financing. They'd waive set-up and delivery though. Whenever this dang battery gets done charging, I'll be able get on the use part of this review, that thing was deader than a door nail. (what is a door nail, and do they relliy die?:laughing:)

Moto110ky

Threads
Thanks. I am really looking forward to what you have to say. I also found this mower in tn. For $4700 but by the time I drive 2 1/2 hours it is the same money. Check out sleequipment.com

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

SCMCG,
I think that user RatRacer made a good decision between the M-ZT 52 and that Big Dog Powerbar ZTR, and I am impressed with this Huskie for the money. The differences between it and the Gravely ZT HD have pluses/minuses on both sides. Below I will list the differences that I consider worth mentioning and my "opinion" of which ZTR has the "plus advantage":

Engine:Huskie Briggs Endurance Commerical/Gravely Kawasaki FR730V-Pretty even, but I give a slight plus to the ZT HD
Gas Tank:Huskie 5 Gal/Gravely 6 Gal-Very "minimal" plus for the ZT HD
Trannies:Huskie ZT-3400/Gravely ZT-3100-Plus for the M-ZT 52
Deck:Huskie 11Gauge w/link suspension/Gravely 10Gauge w/chain suspension-Plus for ZT HD
Cutting Height Settings:Huskie 1.5"-4.5"/Gravely 1"-5"-Plus ZT HD
Anti-Scalp Rollers:Huskie 3(wide nose roller) and single braces/Gravely 6(2 single wheels on front s/a 1 wide nose on Huskie) and 2 in rear with double braces-Plus for the ZT HD
Blade Tip Speed:Huskie 19,000 fpm/Gravely 18,000 fpm-Plus for M-ZT 52
Rear Tires:Huskie 23 X 9.5 X 12/Gravely 20 X 10 X 10-Plus for M-ZT 52
Weight:Huskie 760lbs/Gravely 832lbs-Plus for ZT HD
Speed:Huskie 10mph/Gravely 8mph-Plus M-ZT52(due to ZT-3400 tranny)
Warranties:I assume the Huskie 3Year includes spindles where Gravely has specific 3year spindle warranty. Also no "hours" that I can find for Huskie and the Gravely is 1,000(if reached before 3year/Residential or 1year/Commercial). I again, assume 3Year on Frame/Deck for Huskie where Gravely has 5Year Frame/Deck-Slight plus for ZT HD..

Like I said....all things considered these two ZTR's compare favorably overall with one or the other having their own pluses/minuses. It would really depend on whether some of the "pluses" are more important to you than the others. Sometimes comparing ZTR's without an excel spreadsheet to sort out the differences is a real challenge for someone looking to buy one. I think I can safely say that user Ratracer will only have good things to say about the Husqvarna M-ZT 52 and an owner of a Gravely ZT HD 52 would be the same. We never said that your decision was going to be an easy one:0)

RatRacer

Threads
Thanks. I am really looking forward to what you have to say. I also found this mower in tn. For $4700 but by the time I drive 2 1/2 hours it is the same money. Check out sleequipment.com

I was all over them like fly's on crap, since they're the only place that has youtube vid's. I talked to them several times, but I was leary of their "local shipping charge" of $225 to a trucking terminal. All the trucking companies I deal with "come to me" to pick up freight, so I suspect it's a hokie termed pocket paddder.