Kawasaki Breather injecting oil into carb FD731v LC

frostbite 1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kawasaki LC engine, 120 hrs, injecting oil from crankcase breather hose into inlet pipe. Governor hunts until engine is warm, limits deck engagement until engine is warm. Smokes on initial start up and shutdown.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't know your model, but sounds like normal is crankcase vapor only. Are there other crancase vapor outlets blocked or overfilled sump? Is engine running higher than designed and pushing more than normal blowby out? Is compression ok? Hopefully pro's will respond.

chance123

Threads
If your oil level is too high, the oil has nowhere to go except out the breather and into your air filter

frostbite 1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kawasaki LC engine, 120 hrs, injecting oil from crankcase breather hose into inlet pipe. Governor hunts until engine is warm, limits deck engagement until engine is warm. Smokes on initial start up and shutdown.

Appears the crankcase volume is increasing, oil level has gone up since new oil change. Suspect float valve stuck or block open. Any advice on cleaning or disassembling just bowl? And parts source.

LakeRat1

Threads
  • / Kawasaki Breather injecting oil into carb FD731v LC
frostbite, if you are getting a higher reading on your oil level, that means you have GAS in you oil, you need to get that taken care of before you use the mower, the most likely problem is the Float & Needle, either sticking or not set right, Hope you can fine the problem, i had that problem on a Garden Tiller, I installed a inline Fuel Valve that can be gotten cheap at most Lawn Mower Shops, i turn of the fuel when i am ready to stop & let the engine run out of fuel, works for me

Rat

frostbite 1

Forum Newbie
Threads
frostbite, if you are getting a higher reading on your oil level, that means you have GAS in you oil, you need to get that taken care of before you use the mower, the most likely problem is the Float & Needle, either sticking or not set right, Hope you can fine the problem, i had that problem on a Garden Tiller, I installed a inline Fuel Valve that can be gotten cheap at most Lawn Mower Shops, i turn of the fuel when i am ready to stop & let the engine run out of fuel, works for me

Rat

LakeRat1-- Engine has fuel shutoff solenoid(shuts off fuel to main jets) appears to work. Removed carb bowl, seal showed signs of leaking. Removed bowl,gasket had crusty spots on it. Float/valve appears good and clean. Will replace if I can find source. Carb is Mikuni BW26 can't locate on internet. Oil changes are PIA and costly, like your idea manual fuel shutoff and run out of fuel(regardless if fixed). Thanks for input!!

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
frostbite, can you tell more on the Kaw engine...I am considering the V as a next rider. After 120 hrs problems? What is so "PIA" and expensive about oil change?

frostbite 1

Forum Newbie
Threads
frostbite, can you tell more on the Kaw engine...I am considering the V as a next rider. After 120 hrs problems? What is so "PIA" and expensive about oil change?

Motoman, only problem with kaw engine is fuel in oil @ 112 hrs, not expected after all hype on kaw engines. Oil changes, @20 hrs break in, @112 hrs (notice excess oil, dealer suggests plugs,fuel filter,drain old gas-8 gals, run mechanic in can thru carb), @116 fuel in oil, remove and disassemble carb--can't locate bowl kit, and no Kawasaki support, dealer 80 mi away, problem my not be resolved. Complicated by being handicapped in wheelchair and old, hence (PIA)

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
frostbite, Thanks for the info. Keep us updated. motoman