Holy mondo tomato plant batman!

monica123

Threads
My husband was cleaning up the back yard, we had an old barn collapse in the spring and it is nearly fall pick up time, and low and behold in the compost pile he found a mondo tomato plant that has about 6 branches off it peppered with tomatoes, we had to stake it up, also found a small one in my herb garden with Tiny Tims on it! Exciting!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wow ... nothing like volunteer tomato plants.. Great deal... and growing with no fuss or bother, right in compost. :smile:KennyV

Tillie

Threads
My daughter had fall tomatoes like that last year under her porch. They produced tomatoes until the first frost; which is pretty good down here; well into November.

mowsby

Threads
That is interesting. My fathers compost pile started growing some pretty amazing tomato plants. I find it interesting because he has trouble growing them from seed so he gets starters. But this one came right up out of the compost.

Usedtorent

Threads
We have had these too, usually where we throw the rotten tomatoes. I have never actually eaten a tomato off of the voluntary plants. We have so many plants already that we planted.
Have you tried them yet?

monica123

Threads
Yes, they are sweet as honey, we are thinking of tilling our compost pile and using it for veggie garden space next year. It seems like really good soil, I hope it does just as well for all veggies.