Simple Garden Shed

Bessy

Threads
My husband wants to build a garden shed, he wants it to hold our garbage cans, recycling cans, winter shovels and some garden tools. He figures he can build it for under $700, is he being realistic or not? I have no idea.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
What size is he planning?
If you make it small enough $700 will be no problem...
I usually suggest to anyone building anything like that, 'build it larger than you think you need... You will use up whatever space you have... :smile:KennyV

Hoss

Threads
I agree. Plan on a thousand dollars. At some point in our lives, we all hoard just a bit more than we plan on. Garden sheds end up being catch-alls at my house.

Homesteader

Threads
I also agree. My husband built his for about $1,200. It houses much more than he intended it to. The extra cost might have been because of all the shelving he put in. Nothing's wasted though.

LanceMassenburg

Forum Newbie
Threads
I also agree. My husband built his for about $1,200. It houses much more than he intended it to. The extra cost might have been because of all the shelving he put in. Nothing's wasted though.

Great job plus excellent photo's. I personally would love to have the time to create such a lovely garden shed, but don't at the moment. Maybe in a few years i will. For now i took the easy way out and got my garden shed and a carport from isheds here in Australia.
If anyone is time short like me, check out isheds.com.au.
Keep up the great work.

Cheers

LanceMassenburg

Black Bart

Threads
Build as large as you can afford because it will be TOO SMALL whatever size you build. :biggrin:

Freebird11

Forum Newbie
Threads
You can even create a small storage shed, if you do not have much room to build a new ship. You can store whatever you want in your storage building. It can be a garden shed for gardening supplies. Maybe you want a tool shed - a tool shed. Or a shed to store your lawn mower - a tractor shed. Or his new ship, it can even be an office for his business. Sheds have many uses and offer the benefit of a much-needed income - more storage space

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
My husband wants to build a garden shed, he wants it to hold our garbage cans, recycling cans, winter shovels and some garden tools. He figures he can build it for under $700, is he being realistic or not? I have no idea.
You can easily buy a brand new shed for under $500, let alone $700.

Parkmower

Threads
I pretty sure most DIY stores sell shed kits from $700 and up

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I've had a look, and over here (Scotland), you can buy a brand new shed that is big enough to store a mower, gardening tools, and a few other small things for $130.

If you were building it yourself, you could get it even cheaper.