What mower do you use and why?

ReggieDeere

Threads
What mower do you use? Do you use it because of the price? Quality? Comfort? I'm currently window shopping for a new mower and I would just like to know everyone's mower of preference.:smile:

Bush Trimmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
What mower do you use? Do you use it because of the price? Quality? Comfort? I'm currently window shopping for a new mower and I would just like to know everyone's mower of preference.:smile:

Are you considering riders or walk behinds?

Berniep

Threads
I use a Dixon ztr 4516 50 inch cut.
I bought it because it was what I could afford at the time and it has been a pretty good mower. Befre I got my tractor with the rotary cutter it put in some
pretty hard duty.
Hopefully this year I will buy a new Ferris 60 inch ztr mower. I am looking forward to the smoother ride.

Slade

Forum Newbie
Threads
An 8 year old 48" cut 26hp Craftsman rider -- I can't go any wider, too may flower beds and trees to squeeze between. Also a cheap 26" rear bag mower for the spots I can't get to with the rider. (and a big Kubota for my bush hogging the pasture)

cren

Threads
I will not tell a lie :laughing: right now I pay someone to take care of our yard as we both tend to work too much and besides not having a place to store it (we have a small cubbie under the house) we just do not have the space for it. :frown:

Mr. Paul

Threads
I use a Lawn Boy 2 stroke for my hills and trim work and when I finish that job I jump on my Simplicity Conquest. I have a little more than 1/2 acre but I need a tractor with a locker to pull my hills when I am using my core aerator. The Lawn Boy in steep inclines works great and never have to worry about oil draining out through the carb.

daxamundo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Snapper rear engine mower from the 2001-2003 period. Cannot recall the model number, but I know it has a B & S 14 HP engine and a 33" cut. I previously owned a old Snapper Comet and I have found these mowers to be near indestructible.

Last edited:

big hammer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am picking up a Bolens garden tractor tomorrow. It was made in approx 1980(?) I like the early garden tractors because of the way they are made... pto...rototiller...hydraulic deck... heavy duty... nostalgic!:thumbsup:

Mark

Poppasmurf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good Day all, I use a Kubota 15 hp diesel, 4 wheel steer- to do 1 acre. Still waiting for snow to leave and green to appear.

Mtn.Mike

Threads
I have a 3 year old Cub Cadet Commercial M 72 Tank. I mow almost 10 acres and this seems to work great for what I do.