Trailer Coupler..

Threads
Nothing real dramatic but i had never changed one before.. I swapped my 1 7/8ths" trailer coupler out to a 2" because the 2" is a little more common around here. I got tired of swapping the trailer ball everytime i need to pull a different trailer.. Last time the ball shank got burred up, and i had to cut the shank off with a grinder to remove the trailer ball... I have 2 people i can borrow trailers from if i need to haul something bigger, and they take the 2"... So i figured it was time the 1 7/8ths came off there..

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nothing real dramatic but i had never changed one before.. I swapped my 1 7/8ths" trailer coupler out to a 2" because the 2" is a little more common around here. I got tired of swapping the trailer ball everytime i need to pull a different trailer.. Last time the ball shank got burred up, and i had to cut the shank off with a grinder to remove the trailer ball... I have 2 people i can borrow trailers from if i need to haul something bigger, and they take the 2"... So i figured it was time the 1 7/8ths came off there..

By "coupler" are you talking about the trailer coupler that fits over the hitch ball and is attached to the tongue or A-frame?

My 4X8 utility trailer uses a 1 7/8, and my 6X12 utility trailer uses a 2 inch, and I purchased what is called a "convert a ball" kit. The ball shank stays on the hitch bar, and the two ball sizes are interchangable, just by pushing out the center pin. They make kits for 3 balls, and the third size is 2 5/16 inch. but they are costly because the shank has to be so large.

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 23
Threads
By "coupler" are you talking about the trailer coupler that fits over the hitch ball and is attached to the tongue or A-frame?

My 4X8 utility trailer uses a 1 7/8, and my 6X12 utility trailer uses a 2 inch, and I purchased what is called a "convert a ball" kit. The ball shank stays on the hitch bar, and the two ball sizes are interchangable, just by pushing out the center pin. They make kits for 3 balls, and the third size is 2 5/16 inch. but they are costly because the shank has to be so large.

Yep the coupler on the trailer tongue i changed it to 2" for now but i am looking for a hitch because i have one ball mount that is the double sided kind. It has the 1 7/8ths on one side 2" on the other you just turn it over for which ever one you need.